Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Ringing in the new year.

Its that time of the year again when the office is empty, people are busy planning parties, drawing up elaborate menus, planning to indulge in excesses and oh! listing out things for their resolutions.

There are two things which i will be doing differently this time. Not party or celebrate New Year and try and make a New Year Resolution. Better still stick to it! Both will be a first for me!

New Year somehow doesn't seem the same anymore. There isn't the excitement and enthusiasm to plan a party or be a part of the celebrating. Big Deal, its just another year, another day. What's the reason to party or celebrate? Before you think i am sounding depressed, let me just set the record straight :D I don't feel like New Year has to be ushered in loudly.I just feel like spending some quite time today.Maybe i am a little weird, maybe i have mellowed down or maybe i am plain lazy. :D

However, I am planning to have a New Year resolution this time.I was never a believer in this.But its more like a wish list! :D
Hey, this is as good a time as any to start something new or pick up from where you left off. There are two things on my resolutions list. The first one is to stay fit and lead a healthy lifestyle and the second is to start driving my car.The rest of the stuff i am pretty content with.

Here's to another year! Have a great 2009 folks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I felt exactly the same. Boy do we think alike or what? :)
And all the best with the resolutions! You can do it!!

The Muser said...

Yep....1 day into the new Year and i am yet start them :D